- 10YFP Sustainable Tourism Programme
- Fields of work
- Policy Guidelines and Tools
- Climate Change & Tourism
- Ecotourism and Protected areas
- Poverty Reduction
- Tourism and Wetlands
- Cultural Heritage
- Rural and Community-based tourism
- International Network of Sustainable Tourism Observatories (INSTO)
- Global Initiatives
- Contact us
Rural and Community-based tourism
A seminar on "Rural Tourism - A Solution for Employment, Local Development and Environment" was held in Israel, and its proceedings were published in 1997.
UNWTO Seminars on rural tourism:
"RURAL TOURISM IN EUROPE: EXPERIENCES AND PERSPECTIVES"
- Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 24 and 25 June 2002 - Conclusions (PDF file)
- Kielce, Poland, 6-7 June 2003
- Yaremcha, Ukraine, 25-26 September 2003
Presentations and conclusions of the three seminars are compiled in one publication.
INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON RURAL TOURISM AND ITS CONTRIBUTION TO JOB CREATION AND HERITAGE CONSERVATION Asunción, Paraguay, May 12-13 2003
UNWTO has been supporting numerous events and projects aiming at the development of community-based tourism (CBT) activities, where the main attraction for tourists is to experience the traditional way of life of small communities and the operations are controlled and managed by the small community itself. Information on CBT-related activities can be find in the fields of ecotourism, cultural tourism (above), among the publications and case studies on good practices, among activities related to poverty reduction, as well is a number of technical cooperation projects.